The successful delegate will be able to understand:
- the importance of HACCP based food safety management procedures.
- the preliminary processes for HACCP based procedures.
- how to develop HACCP based food safety management procedures.
- how to implement HACCP based food safety management procedures.
- how to evaluate HACCP based procedures
Assessment criteria (relating to the above Learning Outcomes)
- 1.1 Outline the need for HACCP based food safety management procedures
- 1.2 Describe the HACCP approach to food safety procedures
- 1.3 Summarise legislation relating to HACCP
- 2.1 Explain the requirements of a HACCP team
- 2.2 Outline the pre-requisites for HACCP
- 2.3 Describe food production processes including use of end product
- 2.4 Use process flow diagrams in the development of HACCP based food safety management procedures
- 3.1 Identify hazards and risks in the production process
- 3.2 Determine critical control points
- 3.3 Establish critical limits
- 4.1 Establish and implement monitoring procedures at critical control points
- 4.2 Describe corrective actions
- 5.1 Describe documentation and record keeping procedures
- 5.2 Outline the verification and review of procedures
Comments from previous delegates
- ‘very enthusiastic and knowledgeable trainer’
- ‘very engaging’
- ‘a good interactive course’
- ‘plenty of good, practical examples’
- ‘this will be very useful in my job’
Dr. Miguel A Arranz, a registered assessor for this course. Dr. Arranz’s qualifications and experience include:
- Lead/Official Veterinarian enforcing Food Hygiene and Animal Welfare regulations on behalf of the Food Standards Agency since 2000
- Certificate Advanced HACCP, Level 4, by the RSPH
- IRCA Certified Auditor / Lead Auditor
- Graduate Member of the Institute of Meat
- Registered Professional Food Mentor by the Institute of Food Science and Technology,
- Registered Professional Food Safety Manager by the Institute of Food Science and Technology,
- Registered BRC Consultant by the BRC Consultant Scheme
What is included in the price?
Course: 2.0 days
Assessment: 0.5 days. A multiple-choice exam provided by FDQ and approved by FDQ.
Registration: onto the FDQ register
Certificate: claimed for you (where appropriate)
Dr. Miguel A Arranz is accredited as an FDQ trainer. This qualification is regulated by Ofqual and recognised on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). The Register of Regulated Qualifications http://register.ofqual.gov.uk contains details of Recognised Awarding Organisations and Regulated Qualifications in England (Ofqual), Wales (DfES) and Northern Ireland (Ofqual for vocational qualifications).