A Case-Based Computational Modeling Platform for Data Mining Complex Issues in Policy and Evaluation
This one day short course focuses on the complex socio-technical arenas (nexus issues) that government seeks to improve (e.g., health, food, water, safety, infrastructure) which are not driven by a single factor or consequence. Instead, they are driven by multiple factors at multiple levels, which lead to different trends or outcomes for different areas/groups of people.
The challenge is how to model such diversity and complexity? The complexity sciences, data mining and big-data offer some useful solutions. The challenge, however, is stitching these methodological solutions together into a user-friendly platform and APP, which policy makers, social scientists, evaluation commissioners and civil servants can use – hence the creation of COMPLEX-IT and the SACS TOOLKIT.
Intended audience? The workshop is for anyone involved in evaluating the impact of policy (and its improvement) on complex nexus issues and would like to explore new software and mixed-methods options for doing so.
Our comprehensive two-day course has been designed to educate and inform executives about the key technology trends in our industry and the digital guest journey in order to support decision making and success. It will equip delegates with the knowledge to:
- Make informed considerations on investment decisions and their impact on the guest experience, operational performance and profitability.
- Develop a technology strategy as part of their business plan to successfully select and implement technology solutions.
- Confidently ask the right questions when considering current trends and future needs.
- Gain a broader appreciation to enable a constructive partnership between the business and IT.
- Develop sound theoretical and practical skills to confront technological change and combine transformation with innovation.
Attendees booking in advance of 3rd April 2017 receive a discount on the course fee, which includes course materials, refreshments and lunch, networking drinks reception, dinner and parking permits where available.